Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tangled Prologue



My name is Lara I’m not the type of person who does this. Ordinarily I would just dust the dirt off my feet and move on with my life. I’m not one to sit and linger over the past and wonder if I made a mistake. Mistakes are only made by imperfect people and I was a kumite; chosen by God to fulfill His mission. I had immunity. I was going to be saved from the Baptism of Fire. My family and I had already successfully made it through Kenshu, received the holy pendant (omitama), and now our position in the next divine civilization was secured. We were all connected to God through Oshienushisama and nothing else mattered. Sukyo Mahikari had opened the doors for us and revealed mysteries that I had once thought impossible. When I joined Mahikari I was 10 years old, the minimum age requirement. I don’t remember much about it except that after the three day Kenshu class was over I was given my omitama, told I could now radiate the light of God, and my salvation was secure. My parents were so proud of me; I was the first of my siblings to receive my omitama. I was daddy’s little angel. Numb, deaf, and blind to anything that was against Mahikari and its teachings. My parents were the same way, believing all of the divine teachings without question or doubt. You learn from your parents, you believe what they teach you is right. I trusted their judgment as a child, but as an adult I now see that they are just as blind as the others who follow Mahikari.

I guess you could say I'm not my daddy's little girl anymore. Not by a long shot. More of a shell of the person I was before. I have gone through a metamorphosis; a change. I am going to take this time to explain why I am the way I am, why I think the way I do, and why I am no longer the innocent, naive girl I was before discovering the truth about Mahikari. I am doing this because the people who spread these lies must be stopped. So...if you want to know the truth keep reading. It's a pretty tangled story, but if you can stomach it you'll come out stronger and wiser than before.

(Art by Nene Thomas)

1 Comments:

Blogger cultfreedomisgreat said...

I am interested, I can stomach it; wondering how you are today 5yrs later

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home