Friday, April 21, 2006

Streets of Heaven

Asher told me to look at the lyrics to this song and put it up as a commemoration to my sister. I am going to put up a real photo of her because I want you all to see who she was. I don’t know how long I will be able to keep it online before my parents find out and ask me to remove it, but for now here is my little sis…














Please read the song and leave a comment if you feel the need. I am an agnostic, but when my sister was sick this captures the emotions my family and I was feeling.

Streets of Heaven

Hello God, it's me again. 2:00 a.m., Room 304.
Visiting hours are over, time for our bedside tug of war.
This sleeping child between us may not make it through the night.
I'm fighting back the tears as she fights for her life.

Well, it must be kind of crowded,On the streets of Heaven.
So tell me: what do you need her for?
Don't you know one day she'll be your little girl forever.
But right now I need her so much more.
She's much too young to be on her own:Barely just turned seven.
So who will hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven?

Tell me God, do you remember the wishes that she made,
As she blew out the candles on her last birthday cake?
She wants to ride a pony when she'd big enough.
She wants to marry her Daddy when she's all grown up.

Well, it must be kind of crowded,On the streets of Heaven.
So tell me: what do you need her for?
Don't you know one day she'll be your little girl forever.
But right now I need her so much more.
She's much too young to be on her own:Barely just turned seven.
So who will hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven?

Lord, don't you know she's my angel
You got plenty of your own
And I know you hold a place for her
But she's already got a home
Well I don't know if you're listening
But praying is all that's left to do
So I ask you Lord have mercy, you lost a son once too

And it must be kind of crowded,
On the streets of Heaven.
So tell me: what do you need her for?
Don't you know one day she'll be your little girl forever.
But right now I need her so much more.
Lord, I know once you've made up your mind,
There's no use in begging
So if you take her with you today, will you make sure she looks both ways,
And would you hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven.

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hi Lara's little Sis. My next post is dedicated to you.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Thanks for sharing with us...I am sure it is not easy for you. She looks like a little angel.

Don't be afraid. The truth is mightiest.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Darcy said...

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again


Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this memory bittersweet
Until we meet


Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget


Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

1:04 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hi Lara. I keep coming back to this
because it is still without a doubt the most tragic example of involvement with Mahikari I have herad of yet. I hope someone will archive this page, and I urge you NOT to remove it, even at your parents request. While I respect the bonds of parents and children,
you ARE NOT required to by anyone to 1) stifle your grief 2) stifle your voice in the face of abuse of a loved one. I am sure your parents are so sick inside and are so tragically trying to rationally her with their beliefs that it will take a TRUE MIRACLE for you all to heal properly.


Fo all you members and ex-members, I think this really requires some deep thought. There is a human tendency to deny information/truth that presents dissonance in the brain, and it allows people to not accept responsiblity for outcomes they have created. It also allows people to minimize tragic events.

For all of you Mahikari members who visit these boards in doubt, look at this little and REALIZE she died from lack of medical care based on the advise of your leadership. Can you let this really sink in and REALIZE the depth of you hypnotic allegiance to a lie?

If you think this is isolated, or I have an "axe to grind, think again. Here is a discussion board that shows this type of behavior is not limited to mahikari:

http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/426.html?1111942953

Notice the patterns. REPORT THE ABUSE OF CHILDREN and GET OUT OF YOUR HYPNOSIS!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Steve said...
Hi Lara,
Thankyou for introducing your little sister, its a pleasure to make room in my heart and have her in my thoughts. It is a great photo, captures her innocent spirit, I can imagine her giggle.
I have been coming back to it, so I will remember her in the years to come. I feel sad, she had such a short time with us.

I have come across some interesting stuff, which indicate that we are all connected in some way in real terms.

The first, everyone on earth is connected by six degrees of separation. Recently, I flew home from South America and the person who sat next me on the plane, lived in the same city as me for years and we knew a person in common. What are the odds! This is not the first time this has happened, meeting someone by chance, only to discover we knew a mutual person in common.

The second, we are all made of the same stuff, the elements that make up the universe are also the building blocks that give us form. We are in a constant cycle and are literally made of star stuff.

Third, every breath we take in and exhale is loaded with the building blocks of those around us, the oxygen we breath circulates the earth. Like it or not we are all linked on a molecular level to every living thing on the planet.

Lastly, through our awareness, the memory of those we love who have passed, live with us. Communicating with others, we can pass on those memories. By posting your memories of your sister with her photo, you have given me an opportunely to pause and celebrate my connection to her, however minute-small. She belonged to our global family and still does in essence.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Jejune said...

Beautiful photo, beautiful child... what can I say, Lara? Shocking tragedy, and shocking abuse. ((((hugs))))

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home